February 03, 2013

Sew: Grainline Moss Mini Skirt

 
 
 
This skirt has been in production for well over 3 weeks. It doesn't normally take that long but it got pushed aside by the Drape Jacket and life in general. Despite my extreme exhaustion due to the week's events, I was determined to finish it last night so I could get my sewjo happening again. It only took an hour to finish up and I'm super pleased with the end result. I feel another Moss Mini Skirt coming along soon. Possibly in a polka dot denim. And a winter version would be good for layering with tights and boots.
 


Project Details
Pattern: Grainline Moss Mini Skirt, view A, size 16
Fabric: Italian Denim (with slight stretch) in a deep indigo from Tessuti
Alerations: Lengthened by 20cm, 5cm hem, graded in sideseam from hip to waist by 1cm.

I wore this skirt to the markets this morning with my floral tiny pocket tank. I can see this skirt getting a lot of wear!

L x

13 comments:

  1. I love the bright colours of your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit looks so fab. Wow you have certainly had a full on couple of weeks reading your other posts! Your cowl also looks great btw. Did you find knitting with circular circles easier than normal ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirt is definitely in my plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great staple :) Love the denim you've made yours out of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great outfit - love the skirt, but the whole combination is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks super with this top - and you added just enough length to make it perfect! Think this is definitely a winner...J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! It's on my sewing table too. I'm loving it with the tiny pocket tank! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Sew" cute! I love the idea of using a different fabric for the inside waist band. A denim skirt always gets a lot of use. It goes with anything and looks especially cute with your colorful top and sweater. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous outfit! The denim is a great colour. I wouldn't have thought to use a different fabric for the inner w/band, (unless I was short on fabric)- what a great way to reduce bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, I think my sewing plans will have to be adjusted to add this in...might have to print one off at work today. Is that liberty on the waistband?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfit. The colours really pop. Looks like a really versatile skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am going to have to get that pattern. So many versions and they all look amazing. I love yours. I can't wait to see a winter version!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a bit late commenting but I love this - especially with the tank. Perfect outfit on you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat