April 12, 2016

Sew: Tessuti Lily Dress



This dress is summer perfection to me. Black & white, tent-like and a TNT pattern. It is of course the Lily Linen Dress pattern from Tessuti Fabrics. I've made it twice before and both have become firm favourites. I really like the fit of the pattern across the neck and chest on me. It fits well and falls perfectly.

This time I used a rayon nylon blend from Tessuti that is light and drapey. It has a slight crinkle to it which is good because it doesn't press well.

The only alteration I made was to omit the hemline tucks.

Project Details
Pattern: Tessuti Lily Linen Dress, size L
Fabric: Blackwell Check rayon nylon blend from Tessuti Melbourne
Alterations: Omitted hemline tucks
See also: Sew Brunswick #1 | Sew Brunswick #2 | Thornberry | Boo Dogg & Me | Blogless Anna

I also used the Lily Linen Dress pattern to make a dress for a good friend's significant birthday. I asked her to chose her fabric from Tessuti and she chose a medium-weight linen called Licorice which is an interesting greyish green (the colour you get when you bite in to licorice).


I had great pleasure in making a dress for someone else who I knew would greatly appreciate it. It turned out beautifully. I think I need a Lily dress with sleeves now...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat