April 19, 2016

Sew: Alexa + Lola dress



I bought this fabric a good 3 or 4 years ago on a trip to Sydney with Rachel. I knew it was going to be a knit tee dress. It just had to wait for a few years to become a reality.

I like the fit of the Lola tee through the body but the shoulders are a bit off on me. I like the shoulders of the Alexa tee but the body is a bit too fitted for me. Combine the two and voila!! The shoulders, sleeves and chest area are the Alexa tee. From the bust down is the Alexa tee lengthened to dress length. I wasn't planning on matching the stripes but they were too close not to match.



Project Details
Pattern: Tessuti Alexa top + Tessuti Lola tee
Fabric: Knit from The Fabric Store
Alterations: Shoulders from Alexa top, body (from bust down) from Lola tee, lengthened to dress length, scooped neckline out 7cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat