February 26, 2012

To Market We Go




Our regular Sunday morning outing is a trip to the Queen Victoria Markets to do the weekly shop. After the shopping we have a coffee and some jam donuts and watch the kids climb over the statues... I love the markets!





My market top on this hot and blustery day is the freshly made Grainline Studio Tiny Pocket Tank (sans tiny pocket). This is a great simple pattern which took about 2 hours to make from cutting out the pattern to hemming (all whilst watching Playschool and Thomas!). It is a bit low in the neckline so I will raise this about an inch in my next version. I made the newly available size 18 but took the side seams in an extra 1cm. I could probably go down a size but I like it loose and cool.

Project Details
Pattern: Grainline Studio Tiny Pocket Tank
Fabric: Navy Hanataba Japanese Cotton from Tessuti Fabrics (remnant leftover from this dress)

On my sewing machine now is the Colette Patterns Ginger Skirt in a navy drill. I am also working on my Autumn/Winter Wardrobe plans, but it is a bit difficult in this heat.

What's on your sewing machine?

L x

5 comments:

  1. I love Queeen Victoria Markets too although not so much with kids in tow. My sister spent 11 years living in Pascoe Vale South so your area of Melbourne is one I am familiar with. Your lovely photos above made me want to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. I've made 2 tiny pocket tanks this weekend. Such a simple ad quick project. Mind you, turning the pockets under in silk fabric was a bit of a nightmare. Your version looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernice! I saw your photos. I love the liberty version. I have cut the pocket but it is still sitting here...

      Delete
  3. Ooh seeing the Vic Markets makes me homesick. Love your version of the tiny pocket tank, I've made 1 so far and recently made a dress version which I'm loving. Got more on the mind before the cooler weather comes along, I found I needed to raise the neckline too.

    I completed a muslin of the top on Vogue 1247, glad I did because I need to go up a size in the hips of it and now has made me re-think my fabric I was going to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Queen Vic! And the Tiny Pocket Tank.

      Delete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat