February 27, 2012

Polka Dot Blouse

I feel all grown up wearing a blouse. Don't you think that blouse is a fabulous word? It is right up there with frock.

I saw this pattern reviewed on Sew Tessuti last year and loved it. I love the look of it and would love to wear it tucked in to a black pencil skirt with tights and high heels. I just need a black pencil skirt...

Project Details
Pattern: McCalls 5884 View C (OOP - but I got it via an Ebay seller)
Fabric: Black and white sheer polka dot fabric from Tessuti Melbourne
Alterations: shortened ties by 16cm

Take note that this blouse is low cut and you will either need to wear a singlet underneath or alter the pattern. Next time, I will slightly increase the size of the sleeve cuffs. As they sit right on my elbow, my movement was restricted until lunch time when the fabric had given enough. I will also go down a size.

Excuse the mug shot quality photos. It is bucketing down here in Melbourne!

L x

1 comment:

  1. It is lovely! The fabric is gorgeous - you should definitely make more!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat