October 08, 2016

Sew: S2343 Floral Pencil Skirt



My beloved original Simplicity 2343 skirt was worn to death (probably beyond) and was finally thrown out earlier this year. This left a hole in my heart, and work wardrobe, that was in need of fixing straight away. Luckily I had started this skirt 12 months earlier and it was sitting in the naughty corner (aka UFO pile) as the waistband was too big. A quick unpick and a few stitches later I had myself a worthy replacement! 


This is the best pencil skirt pattern I am yet to come by. And I own plenty of patterns! The waistband is curved which makes it sit perfectly. And the standard skirt darts are replaced by triangles on the sides that add shape. I chose to line my skirt by copying the general shape of the skirt, adding a centimetre to each side seam and pleating it to fit the waistband. 



The fabric is a floral sateen from Tessuti that I loved so much I had a dress, skirt and top out of it! The dress and top aren't worn much, but this skirt is a winner.

Project Details:
Pattern: Simplicity 2343, view D, size 18
Fabric: Floral cotton sateen from Tessuti Melbourne
Alterations: Added 5cm length, lined skirt
See Also: Sew Brunswick 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat