The Camber dress pattern was never really on my radar. I'd seen it around but wasn't that interested in it. When we visited my sister-in-law and family in Mudgee in September she sewed up her muslin of the pattern. It worked for her with no changes and looked really good so I stole her muslin. I used the muslin pieces as my pattern pieces and have made 3 Camber dresses to date. I have another cut out ready to go. Totally converted.
I did make a few changes to my dress. The pattern was a size 16 and was a little too roomy for my liking. So I used a 2.5-3cm side seam. I left the sleeves the original size. The shoulders are a little wide on me and I've removed 1cm from the top of the shoulder on my other versions. The extra width is not too noticeable in this version due to the drape of this fabric. The other versions are a stiff linen (bananas!) and a cotton sateen and I really noticed the width on those so I've adjust them to fit. I also dropped the bust dart point down 2.5cm. The length is as per the pattern which is a surprise.
The fabric is a dreamy Nani Iro double gauze from Tessuti online. I've sewn with double gauze before and have to admit is is not my favourite to work with. I find the needles snag the fabric no matter how many times I change the needles. It is also really difficult to unpick. It is lovely fabric to wear but it does like to grab your undies so slinky undies are a must!