June 17, 2013

Sew: Vogue 1314 in Charcoal Merino Knit

 
 
The last Vogue 1314 in my trilogy. For now at least, until I find some more fabric!! I love them. Super quick. Flattering. Knit. What more could a girl want?!
 

 
This is such a versatile pattern. I've made three dresses in three weeks using the same pattern with different types of fabric to achieve three completely different looks. This pattern is a serious contender against Vogue 1250!
 

 
 
This version is made with a merino knit from Rathdowne Fabrics. It was bought last winter for a Renfrew top but winter was over before I could get around to it. After the success of the floral Vogue 1314, I shopped my stash and found this. Perfect.
 
 

 

Again, I didn't line this dress. I wanted to as the fabric is quite thin but I didn't have enough lining in my stash and didn't want to go to the fabric store. So I opted to wear a stretch shift underneath instead.

Project Details
Pattern: Vogue 1314, size 16
Fabric: Charcoal merino knit from Rathdowne Fabrics
Alterations: Sway back adjustment, omitted lining

The perfect winter dress! I wore it out last night with my Cordova jacket for dinner with my sewing blogging buddies to Hellenic Republic (yum!!). Such a wonderful night with lovely ladies.


 
 
L x

7 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful and you are right, it seems like the perfect winter dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Such a versatile and stylishly comfy style - more, more!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm head over heels for all this fabulous knit dresses you whip up. They're so flattering on you! Love the grey merino and the red lippy combo. Lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You have nailed this pattern full on. This one looks super on you, nothing better than the perfect winter dress to wear out with the blogging buddies ... J

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so fantastic on you - I love all three versions. Definitely a new V1250 (especially for winter). And dinner was wonderful fun - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking dresses all three. My fave is the sleeveless one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all 3 dresses. Your print choices are great.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat