I find a list and a bit of a plan essential as I simply pick my next project from the list and off I go. I have established a habit of cutting out heaps of projects at once and then putting the fabric, pattern and any required notions in a large ziplock bag so it is ready to go when I feel like it. I really don't enjoy the cutting out process and find this can delay my progress as I procrastinate by reading blogs or something. So I set aside a few hours while the boys are playing Lego in the lounge room and I cut out heaps of items on the kitchen bench.
So here is my progress list.
- Vogue 8815 Peplum top & Butterick 3597 pencil skirt - blueberry ponti
- New Look 6000 - black ponti & grey geometric print
- Simplicity 2591 - black & white stripe (add pleated band over shoulder)
- Vogue 8787 cowl neck dress - not sure which fabric yet
- Butterick 3597 pencil skirts - 3 x remnants in my stash
- Black blouse - silk crepe de chine
- Black ponti pencil skirt
- Black wideleg pants
- Doily skirt
- Freddie Vest
- Kimono Tee - Under Fire
- Vogue 8787 dress - black ponti
- Colette Iris shorts
- Vogue 8805 - floral colour blocked dress
- Vogue 8815 - floral peplum
- KCWC - 12 pairs of shorts & pants
- Breastfeeding cover
My most worn items, and favourites, are the Grainline Scout woven tee, the black ponti New Look 6000 and the maxi dress.
I've also added a few things to my list. I want a black Vogue 8815 peplum and have a red & white polka dot version cut out and waiting. I also bought another piece of black ponti for a pencil skirt as got a bit carried away with the unfinished version and made it too small. I also have the black & white striped ponti for a pencil skirt ready to go. Plus numerous pairs of shorts for the boys cut out and waiting for some love.
Mr N did say to me the other day that I was always sewing dresses. He told me to stop as my cupboard would be too full. He did however suggest that shorts for him were a good alternative!!
How are you going with your spring (or fall) sewing plans?