October 21, 2012

Sew: Vogue 1250

 
I wear my first Vogue 1250 so much that I thought I'd make another. This is such a quick and easy project. I feel another, more summery version coming soon...  

 

Project Details
Pattern: DKNY Vogue 1250
Fabric: Mystery Girl Italian printed Viscose/Elastane Jersey from Tessuti
Alterations: 4cm swayback adjustment, lengthened 7.5cm and double cowl neck

The fit at the back is much better this time around as I did a swayback adjustment on the pattern piece before cutting the fabric. On advice from my mother I doubled the cowl to prevent the wrong side of the fabric showing.

 
This pattern needs a really drapey knit fabric and I do prefer the fabric on the first version better as it is more slinky and better for layering in this Melbourne climate. I do love this happy floral version nonetheless.
 
If you have a few spare hours, I highly suggest this pattern! It is an absolute winner.
 
L x

5 comments:

  1. I love this one! That fabric is gorgeous, and the fit is spot-on. Really need to hurry up and learn to use my overlocker now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! The fabric is gorgeous and looks great with your red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! I love the cowl and really dig the fabric. Super comfy coming into summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress and the way you have styled it. I have this pattern and had written it off because I don't need another summery dress but styled this way it is transeasonal. Now I need to learn how to make a sway back adjustment. How did you double the cowl?

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat