February 13, 2012

Worst Blog Photo Award...

End of day creased...
I should have taken this photo this morning before I went to work and sat down all day... But hindsight is a wonderful thing. I finally made this skirt after a few months of it sitting in my to-do basket. I think I could probably do with a smaller size and possibly some stiffer interfacing in the waistband.

In keeping with my resolutions of trying new techniques and perfecting my finishing techniques, I tried out the blind-hem foot from my machine. I am pleased to report that it did a great job!

I wore this skirt today with a tank top I made last year out of a fabulous jersey from Tessuti, Water Snake (which happens to be featured on their blog today!).

Project Details
Pattern: Simplicity 2451 View D
Fabric: Cotton metallic fabric from Tessuti Fabrics Melbourne
Notions: Invisible zip


He wanted to pose!

L x

2 comments:

  1. Love your skirt and your top! I was thinking about getting some of that fabric from tessuti, is it ok to sew with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The snake print jersey is really lovely. It is quite light but beautiful to work with. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat