February 21, 2012

Overnight Bran Muffins


I loved these muffins as a kid! Mum used to mix it up the night before and store the batter in the fridge overnight. First thing, she'd crank up the oven and bake these goodies. Served with butter and a cup of milk. Delicious!!

These days I take these muffins in my lunch bag and on outings to the zoo. My mothers group has also had their fair share. These muffins last and travel well.

Recipe:
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 cup unprocessed bran
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup sultanas
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cups milk


Mix all ingredients together. Leave overnight in fridge. Bake in muffin tray in moderate oven (180 degrees celsius) until golden. Best served warm.

I like mine with sultanas but you could substitute these with chopped dates or dried apricots.

Enjoy with a good coffee!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat