These lovely linen pants are another un-posted Sewjourn make. I have more un-posted makes, including a pair of denim Colette Patterns Juniper pants. I made those before we went to America over 6 months ago...
Moving on, I haven't actually worn these linen pants until this week. The Como linen from Tessuti is lovely and soft but not too thin. I've used this pattern several times and have now forgotten what the original pattern looked like. It is a great starting point. I really like the wide waist band which sits flat under clothes.
To prevent the inevitable linen bagging I stitched and ironed fusible stay tape into all the waist band seams. I was a bit concerned I'd gone overboard as when I tried them on at Sewjourn they were very firm! It took about 10 minutes of me wearing them around for the linen to relax. They are now perfectly relaxed and casual.
In previous versions, and in most pants, I get a weird excess of fabric in my groin area. When I did the Tessuti pant fitting course last year, Vanessa told me it had nothing to do with my crotch but everything to do with my centre front seam. I needed to add an extra 0.5cm to that seam to allow the fabric to skim over my "protruding" stomach and fall nicely over my groin. It worked a treat! I'd been trying to remove the fabric from that area and had never thought about adding fabric to another area to fix the problem.
I'm looking up at the bees in the trees in this photo but it is a good photo to show the fit across the back and across my butt. The length looks a bit long but when on flat ground (not grass that is in desperate need of a mow) it skims my heel. Lara helped me hem these. Thanks Lara!
Pattern: Simplicity 4237 (OOP), view D, size 18
Fabric: Como Storm Linen from Tessuti Melbourne
I have another pair of these in black linen. It is extremely difficult to photograph plain black pants. I'm just glad I got these up on the blog!
Happy Weekend everyone!!