May 10, 2013

Help: Cordova Jacket Problem Peplum


I am having some serious issues with inserting the peplum in to the Cordova jacket. The markings are all over the place and most of the time there are no marking to match up. The back panel is supposed to be longer than the peplum to allow you to attach the facing and then turn it all up. This is not the case. The peplum fits in quite well but there is no extra length.

Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do? Do I grade the peplum down to fit it in or do I draft an extra facing for the back panel? I'm tempted to go for adding an extra facing...

I'm really annoyed as the jacket is totally rocking until this point...

It is quite interesting to note that there are not that many Cordova jackets on the internet. Maybe this is the reason.

L x

6 comments:

  1. Hello... I am a "Very beginner" and I did the cordoba jacket in a week with no major issues. It actually came out very easy and fast and I did get the extra long piece in the back to match with the peplum. I will email you some of my pics constructing the jacket. I even did a fba on it (first time and I have no idea, but it worked!)
    You are very talented I am sure you are going to figure it out. Double check your pattern pieces, may be you cut the wrong size?
    Send me your email for the pics. my email is carlalissa35@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble with the Tessuti NY cape - the front facing piece was shorter than the cape, but no one in the world seemed to have that problem.

    You could try emailing Ms Sewaholic, she seems very approachable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So frustrating, isn't it?! I've emailed Tasia but no response yet. Lots of people have had this same issue. But others had no issues at all...

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I'm midway through making a Cordova, and i didn't have that problem. Everything lined up nicely! Maybe you could ease the peplum in a bit to make it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Gillian. It's funny as it's about 50:50 as to whether people have had this issue or not. I wonder if it is something to do with the fabric. My fabric has no ease AT ALL. I've checked and double checked and got all the pattern pieces out. Completely stumped. Looking good otherwise...

      Delete
  4. I have the pattern but haven't cut it out yet, will be interesting to see how it goes. I am not the best at remembering to transfer any pattern markings at the best of times, mostly I eyeball things, bad habit I know :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat