April 28, 2013

Sew: Silk Geometric Laurel Dress



Meet my new Laurel dress. We're not exactly best friends but we'll get along just fine. But we'll never be besties.


 
 
This fabric was originally purchased for a Sencha blouse but I kept thinking about a dress. When the Laurel pattern was released I thought it would be a perfect match. Busy print with a simple style. As soon as I started sewing, I knew it wasn't going to be perfect. The fabric is too fluid for this style. It's not that bad and I still like the dress as a whole. I chose to line the dress rather than underline. 
 
Project Details
Pattern: Colette Patterns Laurel Dress, size 14
Fabric: Silk Geometric Print from The Fabric Store, red goldliner lining from Clegs
Alterations: 4cm sway back adjustment, removed 3cm total from back neckline, 5cm hem
 
 
 

Perfect for a few Sunday afternoon drinks with a lovely lady!

L x

8 comments:

  1. You look hot! You may not be in love with it, but it really suits you. Thanks again for this arvo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's such a lovely color on you, if it really bothers you as is maybe you could chop it off into the blouse version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looks great, and you look wonderful! Great styling too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great. It's blousey and short to show off your pretty legs. Perfect weekend dress IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this style of dress on you. Your choice of fabric looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great. That colour suits you. Stick with it, the friendship might grow!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat