January 11, 2013

Table: McCalls 6611 Drape Jacket


I love seeing what other people are working on so I thought I'd start posting what's on my sewing table. I'm going to call it Table. Simple.

I'm working on McCalls 6611 which is a drape front jacket with a peplum. I cut out the pattern yesterday afternoon and altered it a fair bit. Today I'm going to draft the lining pattern pieces using Grainline's tutorial.

I'm really excited about this jacket! So much so, it might skip past these projects which have been waiting patiently...



5 comments:

  1. You've got the lurex coated linen from Tessuti! I've been dying to buy some of this to make the Simplicity 2443 jacket but haven't done it yet. I sort my projects in plastic bags too - other than those that are piled up in a plastic box. Loving the summer school holidays - almost a project per day! I look forward to seeing this finished jacket - it looks like a great pattern! Also will be good to hear about your experiences with drafting the lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look just how neat and organised you are! With all your 'waiting-patiently' precut sewing. I might have to pinch this idea and pop it on my New Year's resolution list.
    Love McCall's 6611 - it will make a great jacket for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh the nautical print fabric with the anchors looks so cute! looks like a lof of good projects lined up =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love to see what people are sewing, so love 'table'. The jacket pattern looks fab and agree that fabric looks so great! Funny to see you also using those zip lock bags. What did we ever do without them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, nice pattern choice! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat