December 19, 2012

Sew: Summer Dress for Miss O

 

As I don't have any girls of my own (probably a good thing!), I take great pleasure in sewing dresses for Christmas and Birthdays for my niece, Miss O.

I have a large collection of skirts made in Amy Butler fabrics that I made soon after having my boys and now don't fit me. So I've stashed them away to make in to skirts and dresses for Miss O. I simply ripped out the zip, sewed up the centre back again and laid the pattern onto the skirt. I even used the existing hem to simplify things further.

I downloaded this free pattern from the internet months ago and can't for the life of me remember where it is from. It is a simple A-line with cut outs for the armholes. Mr N picked the ribbon. He is good like that.

So, Merry Christmas Miss O and all my family in Queensland!! We will miss you all this year but look forward to another great Christmas together next year.

L x

3 comments:

  1. Ideal dress for the current hot Queensland weather - Little Miss O will live in this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo cute! You'll have to show me how to make one for Little M

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very pretty, and a great use of a gently loved skirt.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat