The second item that I sewed before we left on holidays were a pair of bright orange Clovers. I really like the style and comfort of these slim fit pants. I've used this pattern a few times before and feel that I'm making good progress with the fit. I am determined to perfect it. I've even signed up for a pants fitting course through Tessuti. There will definitely be more Clovers in the future!
Pattern: Colette Clover Pants
Fabric: Bright orange stretch cotton drill from The Fabric Store
Alterations: Size 14!!, straightened the hip curve, raised back rise by 1cm, inserted tear-away Vilene to waistband
Unfortunately, the fabric does bag out a bit with wear and I plan to unpick the zip and take the side seams in another 1.5cm and possibly also take the inseam in another 0.5cm, particularly through the hip area in an attempt to eliminate some of that crutch bagginess.
I used some left over Liberty Wiltshire for the waistband facing and inserted tear-away Vilene to stabilise the waist. This worked a charm.