I just finished sewing this lovely dress yesterday but am yet to wear it. Now this pattern has been fraught with bad reviews all over blogland, but I found it a dream to sew. I did make a few minor alterations for my shape (listed below). I just love how the side panels are cut on the bias, adding shape and character. Next up, a dramatic navy & white stripe version!
|Side panel view|
Sorry for the lack of wearing photos. No outings in this lovely dress yet.
Fabric - found in my somewhat significant stash (Alexander Henry from Kelani Fabrics)
Pattern - Simplicity 2591 (OOP - purchased from simplicity.com)
Notions - invisible zip, bias binding
Modifications - lowered bust dart by 2.5cm, removed 2cm from upper princess seam (from bust to armhole), graded in sideseams by 1.5cm.