February 11, 2012

Simplicity 2591


I just finished sewing this lovely dress yesterday but am yet to wear it. Now this pattern has been fraught with bad reviews all over blogland, but I found it a dream to sew. I did make a few minor alterations for my shape (listed below). I just love how the side panels are cut on the bias, adding shape and character. Next up, a dramatic navy & white stripe version!

Side panel view

Sorry for the lack of wearing photos. No outings in this lovely dress yet.

Project Details:
Fabric - found in my somewhat significant stash (Alexander Henry from Kelani Fabrics)
Pattern - Simplicity 2591 (OOP - purchased from simplicity.com)
Notions - invisible zip, bias binding
Modifications - lowered bust dart by 2.5cm, removed 2cm from upper princess seam (from bust to armhole), graded in sideseams by 1.5cm.

L x

1 comment:

  1. I love this dress!!!!! It is soooooo my style!!!!!! Vintage looking :) great work!

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat