September 26, 2013

Sew: Tropical Vogue 1250



I walked in to Mood Fabrics in LA on a mission! My top priority was a tropical print jersey to make Vogue 1250 for a conference dinner in Cairns the following weekend. Of course, Mood did not disappoint! How could they disappoint with a warehouse sized fabric store?? Once I'd secured the tropical print jersey, me and my helper Mr N went nuts. It was a fabric lovers dream come true! I bought some truly lovely pieces and would have got more if it was not for Mr Sew Brunswick appearing and saying "Enough". Point taken. I did have to get this fabric home. But it was heaven! And so much cheaper than fabric in Australia. I particularly loved their knit fabric and cotton print range.

 
Back to Vogue 1250 for the moment. We got home Saturday morning, the fabric went in the wash on Sunday and I hemmed the dress on Tuesday after work. Such a quick and simple make. I took 3 versions of Vogue 1250 to Cairns with me. They are the perfect travel dress. This version has my standard sway back adjustment and that's it. I didn't lengthen this version as it was for a tropical themed party in Cairns. Beach chic was necessary!

The fabric is a very light cotton jersey so it doesn't drape and cling quite like the other versions. Perfect for hot weather but not quite as flattering. I really like this dress in a viscose blend knit. Lucky I picked some up in Mood!


Project Details
Pattern: Vogue 1250, size 16
Fabric: Tropical print cotton jersey from Mood Fabrics LA

I wore my tropical dress with a floral leis and a pair of flat black sandals. I was considering a pair of Havaianas but thought that might be pushing my casual limits! I even wore it the next day to lounge around the pool. How's that for a versatile dress?!

I'll be back soon to show you my holiday fabric shopping haul. I've almost finished washing it all.

L x

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress Leith - I love all the colours and fun of the fabric. And I like the shorter length on you too. SO jealous of your trip to Mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric and can't wait to see your fabric haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how much I love this one! I think you'll get so much wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat